1. Q: Can the station automatically resume charging after power is restored?
2. Q: Can the station automatically power off after the station is fully charged?
3. Ask, what is the specification of the cable that connects the station to the power supply?
Answer: The length varies from 0.5 meters to 2 meters. The diameter of the incoming end is 10mm at 16 amps and 14mm at 32 amps. The default is 1 meter in stock.
4. What is the input voltage range of single and three-phase stations?
A: The input voltage range of single-phase station is 100V-250V, compatible with global voltage, and can be automatically adapted; the input voltage range of three-phase station
The range is 380V ± 20%; 50HZ ± 10HZ.
5. The customer wants to use a charging station to charge non-EV, so he wants to make a male plug + schuko socket. This adapter can
Don't make the current mistakenly think that the EV is connected to it, and then charge successfully
Answer: This adapter can be made now, but you need to provide the wiring diagram, and MOQ30;
6. Q: When our station is charging, if the customer has something urgent to do, unplug the car end directly (the station button is not off).
Does the station power off automatically? Some customers have raised this issue, saying that many customers have no awareness of the station button and unplug the plug (class
It looks like our phone is charging).
Answer: As long as the plug is unplugged, the current is automatically cut off and the plug is automatically restored;
7. Do we have 32A 3 phase 22kw module / controller.
8. Is it possible to read / write the following information from the module:
-actuator lock / unlock
-charging start / stop
9. How many signal cables are there in the cable from the station? Is it the same as the CHC series? Some customers report receiving only one signal line;
Answer: Yes, only one is connected; the other is a spare and does not need to be connected;
10. If our station is 32A and the customer fuse is 16A, will it be easy to power off? Or our station automatically recognizes
The wall current is 16A, and the car is charged with 16A? Or when the customer sets the station, must choose 16A or less?
Answer: The customer fuse blows out in 1 second, and can only choose less than 16A;
11. The guest fuse is 16A. Now he wants to set a 15A station. If the rated current is 15A, it may work more than 16A.
Well, after all, the actual current will float up and down. So if 15A is not working, then how many A stations are recommended for customers to be safe?
Answer: 13A is the best choice; our charging pile protection is 1.15; 13x1.15 = 14.95, which is very safe. His circuit breaker is 16, leaving 1A.
12. Can our station be connected to a charging controller through a UART interface? Customer wants remote activation
station, limiting available power (PWM signal change)
Answer: Yes, but it is not necessary to do it in small quantities. It requires the technical personnel of both parties to connect. The minimum order is 5000 units or more.
13. Can customers use their own computer to set their own logo in our station boot animation?
Answer: You ca n’t set it yourself, you must send us the AI format and adjust it before leaving the factory. In addition, you ca n’t do the boot animation, you can only boot the pattern, one
Illustration. If the boot pattern needs to be customized, MOQ100.
14. Can the customer remotely control the station switch with their own software? Customer original: Is it possible to switch on and off the
charging stations remote with software? I am not interested in an app, I just want to control the stations with
our own software. Maybe your engineers have a source code to do that?
Answer: No, we can only use our own software.
15. What is the LCD display interface of our station? Is it an I2C interface? Customer's original words: What is the interface of the LCD
display? Is it I2C?
Answer: parallel port.
16. Can the wall-mounted power cord be connected to the ELCB (Residual Current Circuit Breaker)?
17. Does our station provide background system support? Customer's original words: wanna find out does your wallbox charging station
provide any backend system support? Is it avaliable?
Answer: Yes, but only custom models are available. The minimum order is high, and the specifics are confirmed according to the strength of the guests.
18. Can our station support cloud service payment? Customer's original words:
Do you have a platform or a cloud service to handle payments in the cloud (or a developer platform for onli
Answer: Not supported.
19. What is the operating temperature range of the station?
Answer: -40 to +70
20. Is there a MID-approved meter in the station?
Answer: No. MID-approved meter asks if the meter passed the MID test. Ours are not electricity meters, but transformers (and
Transformers that passed TUV inspection).
21. Does the station have its own load balancing DLM related software?
22. Is our wall mount without DC detection?
Answer: We can bring Type A + 6mA, and DC detection is a function. Only 7.2kW has not yet been realized.
23. Please indicate whether the unloaded charging station can be set to another load value (ie, the current in the power connection is small). The customer's original words: Please indicate
whether your offloaded charging station can be set to other load values (ie less current in the power
A: All the parameters of the charging pile must be set before leaving the factory, and guests cannot perform any reset and change after receiving;
24. Can the three-phase power of the customer's generator be used for our single-phase 3.kw station?
Answer: Yes, just connect L1, don't connect L2 / L3.
25. Can the wall mount switch between single and three phases?
26. The customer sent the local 400V circuit diagram. Want to confirm whether our station can be used?
Answer: Only three-phase can be connected, single-phase cannot be connected.
27. Does the station contain energy meter, MCB, RCB?
Answer: No energy meter, MCB, RCB;
28. Are our wall-mounted ground fault circuit breakers (EN 61008-1, EN 61008-2-1)?
Answer: Our wall mount with ground fault circuit breaker;
29. The customer asked if the house had a single-phase 25A line, then the 32A station would output less power or still not work. They can
Configure it yourself or automatically?
Answer: Cannot automatically adapt. If the car is also 32A, it will be dangerous.
30. The customer's house has a single-phase 25A line. How many A stations are recommended for customers?
Answer: If this 25A line is only used by a charger, then 21-23A is recommended. If there are other devices used on this line, calculate it.
The maximum power of other equipment, use 220v * 25A, get the maximum power of the line, cut off the maximum power of other equipment, divide the remaining power by 220,
We can get the amperage recommended for him.
31. Our wall mount has ground protection, so do we still need earth rod (ground rod, ground electrode) during installation?
Answer: The ground rod is a galvanized iron rod at least 2 meters long. In the case of ground protection, no earth rod is required.
32. A Norwegian customer bought a 16A-32A switchable wall mount. The home is TN-400V. When connecting, one of the phase and neutral wires was connected (he said
(Equivalent to 230V) When switching to 32A, the charging can only reach up to 15.8A. The home circuit and car are determined to be 32A. Ask what is the reason
A: There are many possible reasons, such as:
① The guest car battery only accepts MAX16A, so even if our WB is adjusted to 32A, it can only pass 16A current;
② When the car battery is almost full, it will become smaller; this is normal; when the car battery is exhausted, charging is the fastest, and WB
③ It is also possible that our workers connected the wrong resistor; if it is MODE C, you can use a multimeter to measure the electricity between the PE and PP plugs.
Resistance value, if it is 220 ohms, then the connection is normal, and we are not responsible; if it is 680 ohms, it means that we have connected the wrong resistance; such errors are generally
Appears in the case of a small number of orders, because it cannot be put on the production line, and can only be done manually by an individual, there is a certain probability of error.
33. Can our single-phase wall mount be installed in three-phase power (L2, L3 need not be connected)?
Answer: Of course. L1, L2, L3 Whichever he picks, N, PE pick up normally.
34. The guest wants to customize the manual by himself, and wants to briefly describe the reason why the display screen shows the fault code; can these be informed?
CP Error cannot detect the handshake signal
Low voltage: too low voltage detected
Over voltage: Overvoltage detected
Over current: Over current detected
Short current: Short circuit detected-this description is to be corrected to Short circuit later
Leakage protection: Leakage detected
CC Error: No CC Error option
Emergency stop: Emergency stop (this usually only appears on wallboxes equipped with emergency stop buttons)
35. Customers want to be able to send this charging data to their system when charging ends. For example
25.4KW, can send a 25.4 signal.
Answer: This belongs to the OCPP category, and the company is developing it. The exact date is not determined.
36. The guest said that our 22kW charging pile would overheat during charging, which made him worry about the use in summer, so he suggested adding a better industry
Power relay to effectively reduce heat? Ask us if we have a solution to the fever? If not, he wants to add it by himself, not sure if this plan is
Answer: Fever is a normal phenomenon. All high-power chargers will generate heat when charging. Either the human body cannot accept it or it is overheating.
Direct contact with the equipment used, our equipment can work stably at 80 degrees without worrying about heat.